Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Delicious Healthy Chocolate Dessert Smoothie!

I always feel guilty that my little guy is allergic to everything under the sun! 
I want him to know chocolate :) 

We both really enjoy smoothies and I always take it as an opportunity to incorporate a little chocolate into our diets with out the refined sugars, I also like to throw in some sort of green veggie for an extra little boost.

So here is what I came up with and it was a huge hit!


1.5 sliced frozen banana
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 C frozen blueberries
2 stalks kale torn (stem removed)
about 2 C organic rice milk (enough to cover other ingredients)

Blend away...
And serve!

Here is Mr. P enjoying his chocolate smoothie:




I enjoyed it just as much too!

How do you get your picky eater to mow veggies?

 xoxox

Lauren


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to out kale in it! We've always added carrot juice or spinach but disnt cross my mind to expand on that!
    My oldest is allergic to tons of stuff to and can't have commercially available chocolate, she will love this :)

    ReplyDelete