Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pocket Pixies

The girls have everything under the sun at their mom's house. It is outta control, really. D and I won't even attempt to compete. We do, however like to give meaningful gifts, something one of a kind so that we can ensure that these girls don't already have it. 

Aren't they the cutest thing?!


I found the pattern posted on Pinterest (LOVE it!) and it linked up to an etsy shop. Shelley from Gingermellon is so sweet! She was also quick to send the PDF after my purchase. She has many adorable patterns available, you can visit her shop here.

We were in a super huge hurry, since we waited until the last minute (as usual) to sew these up, so we didn't add all of the details that are in the pattern... and somehow our dolls don't quite have the neck that her photographed ones do, but I must say I adore these little gals.

Allison (6) is learning to sew, I can see this being a valuable gateway to creativity for her. I can envision making mermaid tails and fairy wings for these pocket pixies. Also writing stories together about the lives of these gals!

Happy stitching!

Have you make any hand sewn gifts for the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment